Friday, April 17, 2009

2 months old and ours forever!

Samuel turned 2 months old on Monday. It was 6 weeks ago Tuesday he was placed in our arms.

Our hearts are full and running over with love for our little boy. He is so precious! It has been so wonderful to watch him grow. He's gained 3 lbs, 7 oz. since birth. He does great with holding up and turning his head, following voices and people as they move around, responding to Mommy and Daddy, smiling, etc.. His first "real" smile was at about 6 weeks; his first laugh at 8 weeks.

We've put away the "preemie" and most "newborn" clothing .

Overnights were tough for the longest time. Samuel would try so hard to sleep, but obvious stomach discomfort made sleeping very hard for him. After a few changes in formula, we've found one that is much gentler on his system. He takes 3 -4 ounces of S.imilac S.ensitive every 3 -4 hours during his waking hours. The past few nights he slept 5-7 hours without waking for a bottle. Following the advice of our pediatrician, we give him a small dose of gas drops 1 hour before each feeding. I also keep G.ripe Water on hand .. which can be very calming. We also add 1/2 tsp. of dark K.ayro syrup to each bottle to help with bowel movements.

So, all in all, we have a smiley, happy baby we are totally in love with!

I don't believe I mentioned this in earlier posts, but Samuel's birthmother signed a "ex.tra-judical surre.nder" which granted her 45 days to change her mind, once that 45 days was passed, the adoption would become irrevocable. On Easter Sunday we celebrated the 45th day!
We are rejoicing and thanking God he is ours FOREVER!

14 comments:

Erica said...

That is so wonderful! What an extra sweet gift on Easter. :) I can't believe it has been that long!! He's growing fast.

RB said...

Congrats Patti! What a great Easter gift :)

Deb said...

What a great day to celebrate your son being Forever Yours. Not that there was really ever any doubt.

Glad that you've found a formula and schedule that works for him.

Ragan said...

YEAH!!! I wondered if there were any stipulations, but I'm SO glad to hear that your 45 days have passed and Samuel is all yours :)

D said...

I know the 45 days being over was a huge relief for you.
He is a cutie pie!

Tracey said...

YEH! CONGRATS! I LOVE HIS NAME!

Becky said...

He's just so wonderful!
We've put our baby nephew who is with us on Enfamil Gentlease. It seems to be helping but, I have heard good things about the Sim. Sensitive. We use a good bit of gas drops!! I add them to the bottles.
Getting through the gassiness is tough!!

Stephanie said...

Amen! I can't believe it has been six weeks already. So happy for you!

Colette said...

Hey...I think I have some gripe water...I will look...never opened...I will look at the exp date. It worked wonders for Julian. About the formula...some babies can handle the powder...we switched Julian to the liquid and it worked wonders! You may want to try that. Let me know...Call me this week if you get a minute...I would love to see him! I am thinking about doing a playdate at my house...yes he is too small to play...but at least we can chat and hold him!!! HUGS

Natalie said...

He is gorgeous!

I also thank God daily for our precious miracle...

Isn't adoption just wonderful!

Kim said...

Praise God! We had to wait 60 days with Kennedy's and I know it is wonderful to have that day behind you! You have one adorable baby boy! So happy for you guys.

Angel said...

What a gorgeous little one!! I am so happy for you. :0) Angel

Mama Bear said...

congrats!! he is so adorable!!!

Tracey said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON PASSING THE 45 DAYS AND ON SLEEPING MORE! I LOVE THAT WE BOTH HAVE SAMUEL'S!