Thursday, October 18, 2007

We took a lickin' and kept on tickin'! :-)

I am still out here! I've been trying to live my life as close to "normal" as possible and not dwell so much on the adoption. Truthfully, this last situation knocked the wind out of our sails. We're discouraged, I'll admit it. It's kinda hard to believe it will ever happen. Last week we passed the 4 year mark, since visiting our agency for the first time.

A dear and caring friend contacted us a few weeks back asking for a copy of our profile (thanks Donna) to pass along to her attorney. It's a good feeling to know it's also in the hands of a attorney who specializes in adoption and not just our agency.


All we can do is wait - just as we have in the past.


We've been busy - very busy. We had relatives come up from Kentucky & Indiana. What a great time we had. We had a wedding to attend - another great time catching up with old friends. I've been amazingly busy at work. We're enjoying some stupendous Fall weather! WNY doesn't usually get this lucky. The temperatures have been great! Looking forward to some great foliage this week and next. We're celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend. Not sure how- but I am sure whatever we do it will be special. We need it.


I am very behind on all the blogs I read. I may have to just jump back in and move forward. So, if you have some news I might like to hear, please let me know!


I have some apples I need to do something with. If anyone has any great recipes, pass them on! I'll be forever grateful.


My brother sent me some great new pix of my nephew - I just have to include them in this post.

7 comments:

Happy said...

I know the match that failed for us, kicked us in the gut. We took a LONG time to heal emotionally, and really I'm still not totally healed. Although, if we had been selected by a birth mother this past year my gut tells me that I would have quickly forgotten the scam horror.

Keeping busy has been my tact also. If I'm frantically busy I don't have time to dwell on us not having a family yet. It's harder now w/the holidays approaching...

Glad to hear that your profile is w/an adoption attorney. Who know?

You're in my thoughts.

Anita said...

Great to hear that you have been living life and staying busy and making some memories with family and friends. We all need to step away from adoption at times.

WNY IS gorgeous this time of year!

I do have a couple of great apple recipes: apple pizza and apple muffins are just two I can think of right now. I'll try to get them to you this weekend!

HUGS and glad to have the updates!

Dale said...

Pep,

Your nephew is adorable!

I hope you and BT have a totally wonderful weekend.

Happy Anniversary!

((((HUGS))))

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Hey lady! Glad to see you "back" in blog-ville! Missed ya!

Want to encourage you...once that baby is in your arms, no matter how long it takes, it will all be worth it in that moment. And you will appreciate it and savor it so much more for the adversity that you handle now with such grace and courage.

Continuing to pray.

Love ya,
Min

LL said...

Happy Anniversary Pep!!!

I missed you too! It is good that you kept yourself busy and took a little break from it all.

I know it gets tough but just keep having faith and believe that you will have child.I think it is great that you have an attorney working with you also!

We are all praying for you! And your nephew is a cutie!!

Mama Bear said...

Glad to see ya back! ((hugs))

Heather said...

Just thinking about you tonight...