Monday, January 28, 2008

Please Forgive Me!

I have seriously neglected my blog - and more importantly my blog friends. And, for that I am sorry. The sad part is - I can come up with a gazillion excuses, but really not one good reason. So, please, just forgive me.

I can't really complain. I am doing okay.

I'll admit - it took me a long time to get back up and brush off my pants after the failed match we experienced in September. To make matters worse- we hear nothing - nada - zilch- from our adoption agency. It is my opinion it stinks! Do they think adoptive parents need NO support? How much would it hurt to call once in a while - with agency up-dates and support? It's so hard because I like the agency so much.

We find we don't speak of the adoption on a daily basis like we used to. Just this week BT left me a note and in it he said "I've noticed you don't speak of the adoption anymore. You haven't given up, have you?". I am still searching for the right answer to that question.

Business is steady. But, we really need an increase! We're busy developing new plans and programs all the time. I really love my job - it's just time for some changes.

I've been sick. Shortly before Christmas, I started with sinus congestion, in January I developed a sinus infection and bronchitis. After a round of zithromax, I was still having problems - my throat would swell, causing a great deal of throat and ear pain. Next I took a round of prednisone. I am at the tail end of prednisone and still getting sore throats and headaches.

So, as you can see - there's really no big news to share. . . except that I am back and promise to be more faithful.

(((((Hugs)))))

7 comments:

petunia said...

I know it can be so very discouraging to not hear news....the months just seem to go by and you start feeling weary of the wait. E-mail or call your agency and ask for updates, don't think you are a nuisance or a pest...they get busy and are helping people, they are not ignoring you....
keep the faith, think positively. I don't know if you pray but if you do, pray for the birthmom of your child (whoever it may be, she needs the prayers). Don't get discouraged, it will happen when you least expect it and the right person has to find you...sometimes that can take time.

Happy said...

I felt that way w/our agency. It's all about the expectant mother (as it should be), but the adoptive parents are practically ignored. I assume it's because there are tons of adoptive parents and far less expectant parents. Supply = demand. It just bites. I know I was beginning to think about being a childless couple. We have gotten to the point where we are trying donor insemination w/international adoption as our backup.

Petunia's right. Be a pain! Remember you are the client paying for their service. Would you continue to go to a store that offered crappy customer service?

Anonymous said...

PEP: I have missed you, but please don't feel that your life should revolve around your blog. We all know that life is busy, but you were missed! I agree with the other ladies: bug your agency. They get paid to work for YOU so call them and check up on things when you need the "lift". It's okay!!

I think about you often and pray it will happen for you soon!! I love your new blog look and all the baby names you listed. We had several of those picked for this baby. Good choices!! =0)

Hugs!!

Ragan said...

Glad to see you're posting Pep. Hang in there sweetie (((HUGS))). I'm sorry to hear that you've been so sick. I hope you're feeling better soon. I like the idea about praying for you child's birthmother...

Anita said...

It's good to take time for yourself when needed, but sooo good to have you back!! Continue to get well!

terilynnh2000 said...

PEP, Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Happy Birthday to you!!! It can be so hard to wait! I am so sorry to learn of how long your wait has been!!! Have you done any advertising? That's how we ended up finding our current potential birth mom. I'd love to chat more. Feel free to email me. :)

Anonymous said...

This is my first time here and I just want to echo what the Ecclesiastes tells ... To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. So things will work out eventually ... for the best. Just give the lucky baby time to find you. God bless.