Friday, June 09, 2006

PaPaw


















My brother called tonight looking for a photo of our grandpa, PaPaw. Apparently, he will be using it in his sermon for Sunday morning.

He's been gone since 1982. Although he played a very important part in our lives - and our salvation, so much time has passed that, I admit, somtimes I forget the ones who loved us and nurtured us. So, I started digging through old photos. I found a few - taken not too long before he passed. He was a great man - a Godly man who loved the Lord with all his heart and prayed diligently for his family every moment he could. My most vivid memories of PaPaw always include his warn out Bible. Thinking about him now, as an adult -- I am thankful to him for being the wonderful PaPaw he was.... and mostly for the prayers he sent up on behalf of his wonderful family - my grandmother, her 5 children, their spouses and 14 grandchildren. What memories we share in the foothills of Western Kentucky! God's Country, for sure.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love the post on your papaw. Thank you for praying for mine.

Hugs,
Jill