Friday, March 28, 2008

1631 Days of Waiting .....


I have a little counter on this blog, indicating the number of days we've been waiting to adopt. We have recently entered our 1,631st day. That day was October 10, 2003. On that date, BT and I visited our agency for the first time. It was an orientation type meeting. I always considered it to be our first day toward adoption. But that excitement has dwindled. It's been a mix of emotions, I'd rather not even think about. It's been challenging. It's been rewarding. It's been depressing and sad. And, I know that is all going to change the very moment our baby is placed in our arms. I look forward to it, I do.

We've been through the motions. We put together a well-done nursery, we bought bottles (lot of bottles), diapers, pacifiers in every color, we've talked about names, we've chosen a pediatrician, we washed baby clothes (more than once), we've prayed, we've cried, we've dreamt .... in fact, we've covered all the bases. There isn't much left. To me, that's sad.

Even though there is saddness, deep inside, there is hope. Our hope comes from our Lord Jesus Christ. He will not let us down, we just need to be patient and allow Him to carry out His plan. And... I am sure ... that plan is going to be spectacular!

So Baby of Mine - Someday you will know how we dreamt of you, prayed for you, and loved you from the bottom of our hearts, each and every one of those 1631 days! And when we finally hold you in our arms we will feel just how great God is! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

5 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like you are trying your best to hold onto hope. I can't imagine what it's like to have been waiting so long. We've had a long journey ourselves but not that long.
I'll be praying for you as you wait for your little one to join you.

Colette said...

Pep...your The lord works in strange ways...keep the faith...it will happen I just know it! How are you feeling over all? You are always in my prayers!!!

Aimee said...

Pep I pray that you and your child are united soon. God does have a plan, but sometimes the hardest thing he asks us to do is wait. I love your Blog, thanks for adding me:)
I need to figure out how to do that!
((((BIGHUGS)))))

Anita said...

Yes, your reward for the wait will be great! I'll be here rejoicing with you!

Stephanie said...

Pep, I can't help thinking what a very special child this is going to be when he/she finally arrives!