Sunday, November 23, 2008

I need to post .... something ?

It's been a few weeks. I haven't posted because life is one day at a time in my world right now. My Dad is still very sick . . . very, very sick. He's back and forth between the hospital and the nursing home. He'll likely never have food or drink again and it's so hard to understand what he is saying. He was supposed to be ok, come home again, but just because he was not cared for properly, his life is being cut short. I can not wrap my brain around it. Mom is so down, so afraid ... I can't imagine being her. And as most of you know, she has serious health complications herself. I am having a horrible time, we all are. My emotions are all over the place. I really want to keep my blog happy - while we wait for the adoption. Truthfully, happy is so hard to achieve during such times.

Along with all the stress comes some concerns regarding my own health. I am doing the best I can. . eating right . . exercising . . . taking better care of me. But, the reality is stress can play havoc on our systems. It's tough to control my blood sugar levels, so I am now giving myself insulin shots. I hate it. I am also taking vitamin B-12 since my labs came back I was deficient.


I am working hard to keep a healthy balance between my own needs, our marriage, my parents and my work (in that order). Unfortunately, my work suffers the most.

I've heard NOTHING from our agency (since August). Things must be super slow, cause 3 mths. ago we were couple #2.

I just keep telling myself to keep praying, trusting God, doing what I need to do for the "right now" and someday soon our baby will come and we will experience joy like we've never experienced before. Our little blessing will here soon!

5 comments:

Angel said...

I am so sorry to hear what a hard season you are experiencing. It is a lot to deal with. I pray your winter passes soon and spring comes. Hugs, Angel

Becky said...

So sorry to hear about your dad! I know it must be difficult!
Praying your angel finds it's way to you soon!!!!

Erica said...

I am so sorry to hear that your Dad is not doing well. I know how hard it is to try to be the strong one for your family during times like this. I will pray extra hard for you and your family...for peace and strength and comfort for this journey. Please know that you are in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

Sue said...

Many hugs to you and your family. It sounds like your load is heavy. I will keep you all in prayer.

E said...

I'm so sorry about your dad's illness and that your family is having a hard time. Take care of yourself...