Friday, May 09, 2008

Stuff...



Days have been rather draining for me, both emotionally and physically. I feel like I should be stronger, but I am not. I am really worried about my parents, my Dad in particular.




Yesterday was BT's birthday! ( Happy 38th Honey, I love you soooo much XOXOXO ) I didn't have a present - and he was home sleeping. So, when I got out of work I decided to go to T a r g e t! Our T a r g e t is one with S t a r b u c k s inside. I treated myself to a Hot Chai Tea and browsed, very slowy, through the store. It felt so good to be alone and get my mind off things. I ended up buying my DH "H o w I M e t Y o u r M ot h e r" Season 2 DVD's and gift cards for i tunes. My honey was happier than a pig in mud ;-) !



But, I needed to buy SOMETHING to perk me up! I walked through the baby department (which I've been avoiding for several months) and saw a Graco Pack 'n Play I really like. AND ..it was on Sale! Normally $100, on sale through Saturday for $70. And .... YES! I bought it! And it felt good.


Here's a photo -








x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x
X
X
X
X
X
Today was another draining day - I don't mean to sound like a downer - it's just really, really hard. An old friend surprised me at work and stopped by for a visit. She made my day. It felt so good to see her and talk to her. I need to e-mail her and let her know how wonderful it was to see and thank her for her genuine concern. She's a sweetie! I am so lucky to have her as my friend.

My sister took Dad to a new neurologist today. He is reviewing Dad's history (still waiting for all the records to come in) and told my sister he is not convinced Dad has P a r k i n son's Disease.

WHAT ON EARTH? Could my Dad have been misdiagnosed for over 2 years? AND what about all the medication he was taking to treat P a r k i n son's Disease? I am not sure what to think of it. Except, could it be a good thing? Could my Dad have something treatable afterall? We shall see.


In the meantime, he is being released from Rehab tomorrow to come home. We're excited to bring him home, yet afraid.


Time for a good night's rest!







3 comments:

wsweden said...

I love the new pack n play. Hmm wonder if my Target has any?

I hope you get the bottom of your Dad's diagnosis soon so he can get the right treatment.

Patti said...

I love it, too! And... they have a matching swing, also on sale! :-)
Classic Pooh is my thing! :-)

Ragan said...

Happy Birthday BT!!!

The Pack'n Play is adorable! I'm thinking you better make another trip to Target for that swing.

Praying for your dad.