Saturday, May 31, 2008

No News .....

No news today! It's going to make for a very long weekend.

BT and I went to Chili's Thurs. night. We were sitting in the lounge area chatting. We talked mostly about this possible situation. We're both excited, yet afraid. If we are chosen, we could become parents very soon (she's due in June and they are expecting her to go early). Once the baby is born, they will set a court date for ASAP. Once they go to court, we become the prospective adoptive parents. Since the baby will require surgery, we would need to "camp out" in or near the hospital (which is 3 hours from home) anywhere from 2 - 12 weeks. It's a lot to think about - with such notice. But, we feel confident, we could do it.

One thought that kept running through my mind, was there are up to 4 other couples in New York State having the same conversation, feeling the same anticipation, wondering if this will be the one! 5 couples in all, and just 1 baby. That's tough to swallow.

And so, I prayed. I prayed for the baby, the bparents, the agency and all the couples. I have peace knowing God already has a plan for this child. I will be ok if this is not the one for us.
For we know God has Great Plans - and it's getting closer every day.

4 comments:

Deb said...

That was the thing that kept going through my mind when we knew we were being shown. Wondering about the other couples and trying not to pray selfishly.

Hope you're able to stay busy this weekend to help keep your mind together.

wsweden said...

Pep,
I am so excited to hear you are being profiled!
Sending prayers your way and to BM and baby!
You have such a wonderful attitude. You are an inspiration.
Best of Luck!
Janet

Anonymous said...

Oh PEP---still praying for you!!! I'm praying specifically that you will be chosen. I'll be watching your blog!!!

LL said...

I am going to be checking google reader nonstop for updates. Lifting you all in prayer.