Sunday, June 01, 2008

Up-Date On Dad

We had a very rough day yesterday. Dad seizured and they couldn't get him out of it. They took him to the ER by ambulance. We stayed right there with him, but it was hard to tell if he knew we were there. He was so out of it. It was the longest 12 hours of my life. We finally came home late last night.... which was so hard to do (especially for my Mom, but with her health issues, we knew she needed to get rest).

They came to take him up to his room, so we decided to grab some coffee in the cafeteria. We were all in the cafeteria talking to our Pastor when we heard "Rapid Response Team, 5th Floor" over the PA. I had a gut feeling and went up to his room. The call was for my Dad, he had briefly stopped breathing and they could not get him to respond. So, he's on a CPAP machine now - and has settled down substantially.

We had to discuss Dads wishes, in the event he would stop breathing again or his heart would stop. My poor Mother, I feel so bad for her having to make such decisions. She cried so hard, just fell apart. Her heart is broken.

They did a CTScan of his brain, which came back negative. So, today, the neurologist ordered a few tests, including a brain MRI. We are supposed to hear something from the doctor this afternoon.

Again, they brough up the "questionable Parkinson's Disease diagnosis", thinking perhaps there is something going on they have been unable to detect. Noone should have to suffer so. And, not knowing why makes it even harder. The hardest part of all is when he is yelling out for help - and we can't help him.

2 comments:

LL said...

Pep, my heart aches for you and your family and what you all are having to endure. You all are in my prayers.

Colette said...

Pep..I have tears in my eyes as I type this. I can't even imagen what you and your mom are going through. Please know that you are all in our prayers. Listen to the little voice...GOD he will help and guide you through this difficult time. I am here if you need me. Hugs