Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sad :(

My heart was sad today.

I spoke to our social worker.

The young lady she called us about still had not made a decision. They showed her every profile they have - and nothing.

My heart breaks for her. To be 14, pregnant and feel so alone. She doesn't want to place her baby. But, the family member who takes care of her does not support her decision to keep the baby.

I'll say a special prayer for her tonight.

And I feel sad because Father's Day is Sunday - and BT will be reminded of yet another year he is not a Dad.

I'll say a little prayer for us today, too - that parenthood will come along real soon.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I'm so sorry that you haven't heard anything yet. My heart breaks for you both as you celebrate another childless holiday. Do you know when she is due? I think you mentioned it was soon. Maybe she'll choose after the baby is born.

Anonymous said...

It's so sad that she doesn't have any family support when she clearly wants to parent her baby. Perhaps God will soften the heart of her caretaker and make a way for her. If not, I pray she finds peace in choosing a family.

Praying for you and BT, too. This time is tough for you. I pray that God will send your baby, and that His perfect time might be SOON!

Big Hugs,
Min

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry that you're still having to wait to hear the decision. Waiting (and wondering)is the hardest part of all of the adoption "fun".

I know how VERY hard Mother's and Father's Day can be too. I remember very well. I hope that you both will find comfort and peace during all of this, and especially on Father's Day.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((HUGS)))

LL said...

Lifting you and BT,the ebmom and your dad in prayer.

Anne said...

That is heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you and BT as well. Your day is coming though. I'm confident we will celebrate with great joy!

Colette said...

I am a horrible friend! I will call you this week. Life has been crazy here this week. Julian has been sick on top of everything else going on. I pray for you and BT everynight! If you are up to a call...call me at home tonight...before 10:30 :-)