Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Love Spring! :-)

What a gorgeous day we're having in our neck of the woods! The sun is shining, birds are chirping away and everything is so, so pretty! I love SPRING! And, I love SUNSHINE!

I haven't posted in a week. It was Graduation week for our little cherubs who are off to Kindergarten in September. The program was wonderful. I was concerned there were a lot of little bloopers, but the children were so happy, giddy, etc....and that it truly what mattered the most. Their excitement made my week. It certainly is the little ones who teach us the best lessons in life. I'll come back later and post a few photos.

BT and I took a drive yesterday! It felt great. We drove 1 hour, stopped for a sandwich, did a little shopping, had ice cream, popped in on his Mom and came back home. Crazy, I know..especially with the price of gasoline. But, it was spontaneous and fun - and a much needed break.

Today, I am working. Taking advantage of a quiet day to catch up on things.
BT is off tomorrow - and so am I - we're thrilled!!!! Not that we have big plans. We'll probably just stay home, grill something good and go see my Dad. But, both of us being home on the same days rarely happens, so it will be NICE.

Speaking of my Dad.... I wish I had better news to report. We had high hopes he'd be much better by now. It's like a different person in my Dad's body. The doctors have taken him off almost all pain medication and he's still so confused. He's also very weak and still not getting out of bed. I know I am doing the right thing by spending time with him whenever I can. But, if you've ever been in a situation like this, you know how emotionally draining it can be. I spoke with the neurosurgeon yesterday. He reminded me that Dad has been on some heavy duty narcotics for a long time - and he is taking P.rkinson's medication. He also stressed that he needs to be taken out of the hospital environment where they can get him up, moving and stimulated. Once he is moved to rehab, he can see his neurologist and determine what to do about the P.rkinson's medication, as they are still not convinced he actually has PD. I continue to pray - and am reminded God is in control. Although we'd like to take control, it is ultimately HIS. He is a merciful God and a loving God. We will be ok.

Back to work! I'll come back later to post those photos.





1 comment:

LL said...

One of the most beautiful sounds is the chirping of the birds. Love spring!

prayers continue for your dad