Friday, October 03, 2008

Hey Girl! What's going on?

I received an email from a friend today. It said "Hey Girl! What's going on?" I wasn't surprised as we haven't had a chance to talk in a while. I thought, "Yeah, what is going on?" Once I starting thinking I realized there is much more going on than I thought. Just thinking about it exhausts me.

Work is .... busy. Not that we have an overabundance of children. But the families we have keep us hopping! I am working steadily to prepare for our upcoming license renewal. All paperwork must be in by Dec. 02. In preparation, I realized just how much had piled up since I needed to be away so often for my Father's sake. So, I take a few evenings a week to work in the office, organizing mostly. In addition, we took the summer off of training, so we're busy planning and taking classes.

Speaking of Dad. He continues to have good and bad days. His good days are usually REALLY good and is bad days are usually REALLY bad. My most recent meeting with the house doctor didn't go so well. "Your Dad is a very, very sick man with many complications. I wish I could tell you exactly what is wrong, but I do not know. There are just so many issues and it appears his body is breaking down. We can do all we can to keep him comfortable . . . blah, blah, blah". He told me Dad was non-responsive and refusing food and fluid. That was on a Wed. On Saturday, we sat in his room while he enjoyed a W.ENDY's F.ROSTY. He was so chatty, it was as if we were sitting in his living room at home conversing. There was no confusion and he asked alot of sensible questions. It just doesn't make sense.... no sense at all.

At home I am working hard to gets things done while we still have a little nice weather.
The pool is closed and the yard is cleaned up for winter. Inside, I am trying to clear out and organize. We have a painter lined up to come in and continue painting where we left off when Dad took ill. We're also getting estimates for attic insulation. It's a must this year.
Once all that is done, I'll have the carpet cleaners come in. Thankfully, if I stay on schedule, I can get it all done before the holidays.

We have family coming in from Indiana tomorrow. My mom's sister and her husband are coming to spend 2 weeks. It is going to be so awesome, for Mom especially. All our extended family live out of town so it's rather exciting when some visit. Vincent, my nephew, is also coming home from college (P.urdue).

BT and I are doing great. He and his brother recently took a road trip to B.altimore for a O.rioles game. They loved it, naturally. He went to T.rader J.oes and brought back some fun stuff.

BT's working a lot of crazy hours. This week has been especially busy with his TV station and the T.ime W.arner negotiations. For those of you who reside in the B.uffalo area, you know what I am talking about.

We'll be celebrating our 7th Anniversary this month! Not sure how we're celebrating; but I am sure we'll find something fun to do.

At the end of the month we're planning to go to the S.teven C.urtis C.hapman and M.ichael W. S.mith "U.nited" concert. It's only an hour drive to the auditorium where they are performing. . and just a skip across town his Mom's. I am very excited!


I had my first ever visit with my new (and wonderful!) endocrinologist. I told my primary care doctor I was looking for an endo who actually sees his patients and takes the time to listen. She sent me in the right direction! He, alone, gave me a good 30 minutes (perhaps more) of his time. No nurses, no PA's .... just good old doctor's care. I dig it! ;) I feel like I am in good hands and hope the changes he is making will work out for me.

No news to share regarding the adoption. One day at a time... right?
Just knowing we're being shown and so close is enough comfort to keep me going and give me hope. God is good. Soon, everyone...soon! :-)

Wow.. that was a mouthful. I need to return to my never ending cleaning spree!

So tell me, "What is going on with you?"
Hoping to get some interesting replies.

6 comments:

Dale said...

Pep - I'm glad you like your new endo! I hope he gets all of your levels balanced. What's going on with me? Too much! LOL Maybe I'll catch you later and we can talk. I have to go replace my rear right turn signal bulb right now. Have a great day!
((((HUGS))))

Melba said...

Hi Pep,

I hear you when you say there's lots going on! This is always such a crazy time of year. How in the world did it get to be October already?!

Good luck with all the paperwork, new doctor, etc. I'll be thinking about you!

Melba

Mandy said...

Sorry to hear that they don't know what's up with your dad.

Sounds like you really have been busy. Congratulations on your 7 year anniversary.

So very happy to hear that you found a new endo. I hope he can get everything straight for you.

What's going on with me? I have a job interview on Monday that I am absolutely freaking out about because I really need to get this job. Also J is making me miserable again but what's new right?

Love ya!!

Harmony said...

Happy Anniversary! 7 years! Whoohoo!!

I will keep your dad in my prayers.

Something new with me is I have a new blog - www.celebratemommyhood.blogspot.com. If you could take my old blog out (Dreaming Big Dreams) that would be great!

Have a great day!
Michelle

Deb said...

Hope you're enjoying your time with family.
I'm so jealous that you're going to the SCC & Smith concert. They're not coming close. Enjoy!
Glad you found an endo you like.

What's up with us. Balancing family time with our busy life. Have suitcases all over the living room for our trip tomorrow. Counting the days till the holidays begin.

Sorry about the challenges with your dad. I'm sure it's hard to hear one thing and see another.

SaraAugy said...

Pep-sending lots of hugs and prayers your way! Hoping you get some answers soon. BYW...I'm orginally from Indiana..good place to have family!