Saturday, January 31, 2009

How could I be 44?






I've been busy!

I am breathing a sigh of relief today. Our day care license was good through today. The renewal process was long and tedious. But, we're in great shape and good to go for another two years. Just before "inspection day" we had a minor castastrophe caused by a pipe breaking on the floor above us. Damages weren't too bad. But it caught us at a time when things needed to be "perfect" for the inspector! As a result of the incident, we had to replace carpeting, repair damages to walls, replace ceiling tiles and replace toys we were unable to recover. When it rains, it pours . . .literally! ;)

No news to pass on regarding the adoption. Last I spoke to our worker she said things have picked up since December. A part of me wants to send our profile to the lawyer we spoke with and the other part doesn't want to set myself up for more disappointments. I guess I am guarding my heart from emotions. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing?

Like everyone else around the country, we're experiencing a rough winter in WNY. I cannot believe how much snow we have! It's rather amazing. And..it just keeps coming!

My 44th birthday was yesterday! We started celebrating on Monday with my mother-in-law. Our birthdays are 4 days apart, so we celebrate together. I made a cake- not too impressive - but she loved it. Yesterday my staff put together a spread of good food! We had taco soup, Buffalo chicken wing dip, pasta salad, cheesecake, ice cream cake and puffed pastry! Last night my sister made her homemade sweet-n-sour chicken over brown rice and my other sister made some delightful cupcakes! They are so talented! We pulled out the Monopoly board and played 'til 2:00 AM. It had been years since I played, but it was just as fun as ever.

I promised myself I'd get some cleaning accomplished today, so I best stick to it.

Here are some photos of the cupcakes. Sorry they are a tad blurred, I took them with a cell phone.

10 comments:

Becky said...

Happy, happy birthday! I pray this is the year you realize your dream of motherhood coming true!!
I understand about the liscensing..and all that can go wrong! Glad you have that behind you another 2 years!

Heather said...

We share a birthday week! Happy birthday to you!!

Mama Bear said...

happy birthday! hope it was an awesome day!!!!

Hope said...

Happy Birthday late, we almost share the same day. The cupcakes look delish!

Ragan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEP!!!

Glad you were able to get your license renewed.

Deb said...

Yummy cupcakes! Happy Birthday. Playing monopoly till 2am sounds like a lot of fun.

You were all working very hard to get everything done in time for inspection. Glad you passed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your words and support, they DO mean a lot.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cupcakes!
I'm right behind you, I'll be there in July :)
Happy Birthday

Colette said...

Happy birthday!!!! Hope youhad a great day! Hugs to you!!!

webkinzfan said...

I'll be 44 next Jan. 1st and I'm looking forward to it! I know this may sound funny, the reason I'm looking forward to being 44 is that I've been taking a sign language class, and in ASL, double #s "bounce" and I kind of get a kick out of that!