Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you in Bloggerland! It's been a bittersweet year for the T's, as you all know so well just from reading my blog, chatting, etc. As the year came to a close, I honestly stopped to think about our life in 2008 and the tears started to well. It was hard... I know there are others who face far more and I have, still, many blessing to count. I don't want to sounds selfish. But, I will not lie - it was the hardest of my 40 some years. That is not to say it will be my hardest year ever. BUT... it is ok. I've learned so much, I've grown, I appreciate life far more than before and I love life, yes I do. May the new year bring sweet surprises. May I continue to find appreciation for the little things. May my love for family and friends grow in leaps and bounds. May I continue to fall in love with BT over and over again. May I marvel in God's work. May my business grow as God uses me to touch such small lives. May I help someone far less fortunate. May I have good health. May our baby be places in our arms!

Cheers to 2009!


I also want to thank you for your wonderful and sweet replies to my last post! They meant a lot to me.

One thing I've always worked hard at is keeping my spirits up. Without God that would be impossible. So, truly it is He who gets the credit. But I am not perfect, I am just another sinner in an imperfect world. I have a long way to go. The amazing part is how I can try to work things out in my own ways but when the tough gets going, He is RIGHT THERE waiting. What better friend could we ask for than that?

So as we walk this path, often the path less chosen, may we walk with strength,endurance and character and when we stumble along the way may our good friends be there to pick us up and remind us it's ok to have a meltdown once in a while! Yes..it is.

Did you ever stop to think God must really love you because He called YOU to embark upon a journey that is "different" and "remarkable?" He knew you had what it would take and your love, strength, commitment, peace, faith, etc. would shine for others to see! I think that's pretty special! So, when you're down and out ..go ahead ... have a meltdown ..a big old meltdown.. it's God's way of recharging us and keeping our spirit alive for the best is yet to come!

I think so, anyhow.

PS Janet - So good to hear from you! What happened to your blog? I've missed you! :-)

5 comments:

wsweden said...

Hi Patti
I sent you an email and an invite...

Here's to a wonderful new year. May all of your hopes and dreams come true in 2009!

Erica said...

Oh, Patti, I know last year has been hard. But this year is going to be better! I can feel it!!

I had the exact same thought the other day! I was laying in bed, thinking of all we had been through and where it has brought us and I thought how sad I was for all our friends who just "had" kids...they don't REALLY understand how incredible the whole process of conception and life and everything is. And I know that we are closer to each other and God for this struggle, and I thought how sad, for they don't have this little insight into how incredible life truly is. The insight that we have into what love REALLY is, the miracle that life and family are, and the gifts that we receive from God. I feel really, really blessed.

Erica

Deb said...

Very well said. I love it. And I totally agree.

Patti said...

Janet! So glad we reconnected. Thanks for the invite. I e-mailed you tonight!

Erica! I agree..this is going to be a better year. Keep positive thoughts, my friend.

Debbie! ((hugs)) You're support has been so wondeful!

Melba said...

Happy New Year, Pep...here's hoping for good things in 2009!

Melba