Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Journey of Many Hearts




In that moment, quiet surrounded me. It was as if time actually stood still. My breath caught. My heart stopped. Slowly, gently, I wrapped you in my arms. I felt the steady rhythm of your heart next to mine. Softly, I pressed my cheek to yours, closed my eyes and exhaled... In the stillness of that quiet miracle, I held you, my son, for the very first time. In that moment at last, the journey of many hearts beat as one. And you were home.
- Author Unknown








7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Beautiful!

Erica said...

Precious!

E said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Samuel!!! He is beautiful...I've been following your story and was so happy for you when I caught up and read your news. Enjoy your new son:)

Colette said...

Wow that was beautiful! THanks for making me cry! Hugs

Deb said...

Awww! So beautiful!

wsweden said...

Perfect poem :)

Congratulations!

Sue said...

Finally a picture with his momma!!!!!

What a great sentiment. It pretty much sums it up, doesn't it.