Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More On Placement Day

Once Samuel was introduced to us we were given a few moments quiet time. We fed him, changed him and prepped for the ride home. I had taken a special newborn layette outfit, but it was TOO big for his tiny little body.
The ride home was great! I sat in the back with Samuel while BT drove. From the moment Samuel was placed in my arms I felt fine, great actually. No more tummy ache. So our first stop was Wendy's drive-thru for a single burger and diet coke!
We stopped at a service area for gas, and to feed, change and hold him. The drive home seemed to take forever. Baby slept... I spent time texting pix to family who were all waiting for his arriveal home.
When we arrived home, Samuel was greeted by a stork on the lawn and a sign in the window.


Inside our immediately family was waiting to meet him. Everyone was so happy, so excited, so in love. I wish there were words to describe the emotions!

My sister decorated the inside of our home for Samuel's homecoming. Everyone stayed for dinner. We had Olive Garden lasagna, tossed salad and garlic bread. My mother-in-law brought a cake from Wegmans. So fun and so yummy!

6 comments:

Daisha said...

It is a very special day indeed! I am so happy for you!

Becky said...

What a wonderful day!! I remember each of the days we brought our kids home!! Nothing like it!!
We had quite a drive to bring both of our newborns home as well. It took about twice as long by the time you stop to feed, change, hold, make sure they are OK, etc.!! So worth ever second!!

Hope said...

Am just in awe. AWE! Our God is a miracle maker.

Melba said...

Great story...I am loving reading along!

Sue said...

Sounds like the perfect homecoming!

Stephanie said...

I love hearing Samuel's homecoming stories. He is precious!