Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Chocolate Cake & Wellness!

It's nearing midnight, I am exhausted, but waiting for a chocolate butter cake to come out of the oven! Tomorrow is my business partner's birthday so I am making her a delicious cake! She loves my creamy, butter frosting.

Today was a long, long day. I woke up with horrendous back pain on Saturday. Literally nursed it all weekend and I am still in pain. So, I went to the chiropractor today. He got good movement, but the pain is still pretty bad. The spine doctor gave me a prescription, which is helping better than the over-the-counter remedies I was trying. I also found out the insurance company approved my lumbar MRI and Physical Therapy. Next step, call to make the appointments.

We had staff training tonight. The class was on "Wellness". I found it very interesting and learned a few new things. For one, I need to eat healthier (although I make better choices than the majority of the women in the class) and cut back on artificial sweetners.
Second, I need to get more exercise, at least 20 minutes a day, 5 - 7 days a week. Third, Vitamin D, Magnesium and Acidophilus would be very good for me. Fourth, I need to make some changes and take care of me!!


Somehow it's now 1:30 AM - I am off to bed. Tomorrow, I'll post about the phone call that woke me this morning.

2 comments:

Ragan said...

Okay, now I need to know what that call was about??? And I want your frosting recipe! I'm glad your insurance pre-approved the tests you need. And YES, you need to take care of youself girl!!!

Colette said...

I hear you about taking care of yourself! Me too! The cake sounds so good to a girl who is on a diet! UGH! Tag your are it...check out my blog! Have a great day!