Saturday, February 16, 2008

God's Promises

One of the daily devotionals from J o e l O s t e e n touched my heart this week.
I thought I'd post it on my blog... as a reminder to me ... and hopefully many of you who are waiting.

Quote:

Today's Word

Is there something you are believing God for? Does it seem like it’s taking a long time to come to pass? Be encouraged today! The Bible says that through faith and patience you will inherit the promise. You can trust that God’s Word is true. Submit your prayers to the Lord, and keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Keep asking. Keep seeking. Keep knocking on the door, and it will be opened to you. It may seem like it’s taking a long time, but know this: God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. He is orchestrating things in your favor. He is perfecting whatever concerns you. Don’t give up! Start thanking God for His faithfulness in your life. As you stay faithful in your prayers and thanksgiving, the Lord will move mightily on your behalf. He’ll take you places that you’ve never dreamed, and you will live the life of victory He has in store for you!

For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened” (Matthew 7:8).

Please scroll to the bottom of the page and sign my guest book!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Pep: I needed that devotion today. Thanks SO much. It's amazing how God's word can speak to each of us in different ways and it all means the same thing. God is in control and He is faithful.

Love, Robin

Anne said...

Wonderful devotion Pep and well needed!

Anne

Ragan said...

Hey Pep! How's your wellness commitment going?

Anita said...

That's a great quote. I'll take it to heart myself. Thank you!