Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Welcomed Call From Our Agency

Tuesday morning, I woke to the sound of the telephone ringing. I missed it. Immediately, my cell rang. This time I got to it on time. On the other end was the adoptive parent caseworker for our agency. The call was short, simple and sweet. But ... of course welcomed.

She asked "IF I had a situation where the birthfather is "unknown", would you and Brian be okay with it". Of course, I said "Yes"! It caught me by surprise because there have been other similiar situations in the past and she knew then we were ok with it. I am thinking they must have to ask each time, since it does say "Little or No Birthfather Risk" in our preferences.

Although she worded it with a big "IF" it was pretty clear she is currently working on a situation and will be showing our profile.

I promised myself I WOULD NOT get too hopeful. Yeah, right....
I am doing better than in the past, but of course it's in the back of my mind. And, in a way it pulled me out of th slump where I was not allowing myself to think like an waiting adoptive Mommy.

What a mix of emotion.

I may and may not hear more from her. But, it can't hurt to pray - and ask for your prayers!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it one beautiful day at a time, Pep ... best things often happen when not expected. Say a prayer ... take a deep breath ... hope for the best. I've just said a prayer for you.

Julie said...

Praying too. :) Julie

Deb said...

What a wonderful call. I'll be praying.

petunia said...

I love these kinds of posts...if it works out - this is the story you will be sharing. You should have fainted or something to add some "spice" to the story :)
Praying the right thing happens---whatever that may be...

Ragan said...

I'm praying Pep!

Patti said...

Thanks for the prayers! Your support truly makes the wait easier. It was nice to hear from them - just knowing we haven't been forgotten gives a ray of hope! Hugs- Pep

Petunia - I laughed when I read your post about adding spice! If only there was some more to say!

Joanne said...

Good luck. I'll be thinking about you!

Forever Parents

Colette said...

Prayers are heading your way! Sorry it has taken so long to psot. I am off on Monday's and Fridays...hugs to you!

Jodi said...

I found your blog through Becky's blog and just wanted to say that I am praying that this is your baby!

Don't lose faith..... my husband and I waited 16 months after being home study ready to bring home our ds who is now 10 months old.

LL said...

Saying many prayers for you! Have faith!

Stephanie said...

Pep, I'm a little late but OH SO HOPEFUL that this might be the one ... love you, my friend!!