Saturday, July 07, 2007

What I Am Thinking Tonight...

BT is asleep, the house is quiet -

I am so concerned about BT. He sleeps so much. Not that he likes it or wants it - he cannot stay awake. He's beat, most of the time. I don't remember the last time I saw him rested. I hate it! We need quality time together and yet it's so hard to find. We're going to the doctor Monday - I hope she takes it seriously. The last time we talked to her about it she recommended room darkening blind. Augh!

Both birthmothers I've recently dealt with are keeping in touch with me. :/ Rachel already has an adoptive family picked out through a local attorney. She seems to need someone to talk to and encourage her. We e-mail back and forth several times a day. Stephanie calls me everyday - several times. She left another message tonight hoping we can get together over the weekend. She knows we are moving on and she is now leaning toward parenting.

I learned so much through these young women! Although we are not adopting from either of them, I've been given a front seat view of adoption through the eyes of a birthmother. I have found it very interesting and touching. I have found I have a DEEP, DEEP sense of compassion for these young ladies. It's almost as if God is working in my life - but I am not sure where it's going to take me. I've asked Him - but He has not been so quick to answer! ;)

I mean, shouldn't I be more upset things didn't work out? I care about them - they are what matters - and I hope to see them both make the right decision, even though I already know we will not be a part of the equation.

And then there is Jamie. Jamie is a young lady I have known since she was an infant herself. She is YOUNG, single and on her own with an 8 mth old baby boy. She made an adoption plan and chose a wonderful couple to adopt her baby. But, when the baby was born, she could not sign the papers. She decided to parent. Now, I haven't seen her in years - and doesn't she look me up and enroll the little one in my day care?
She appears to be doing well, on her own and the baby is absolutley a blessing!
It was interesting hearing her tell her story, as she had no idea BT and I were hopeful adoptive parents. When I told her, we "clicked"! Here I am trying to set a good example and offer encourage when she needs it.

Tonight - I am thankful for these brave, young ladies. I am thankful for the connection we share. And, I am thankful to call each of them "friend".

Now, I know I've complained - because the pain of waiting is so strong.
But, I know each of these girls made the best decision for their child. I am proud of them - they are courageous young ladies. =)

4 comments:

SJ said...

I'm so glad you have friends who are on the other side of this whole adoption thing. Your relationships with them will help you be an even better mom to any child you adopt :)

Anonymous said...

Pep,
How is BT? What did the doc say? Andy used to be the same way. he could nearly sleep standing up! Anyway, he went for a sleep study and has apnea...BAD. He wears a cpap and it has helped-immensely!

Sorry about this other stuff. Sometimes God teaches us lessons in the strangest ways. My friend placed a few years ago and I was with her every step of the way...it was truly an eye-opening experience.

Love ya, girl!
Jill
Teatime

Happy said...

It sounds like your adoption agency is ethical which is great! They aren't pushing them to choose adoption as so many do, and one of the things that is turning me off.

Patti said...

Sj - I have truly learned alot from my conversations with birth moms. You are so right - it is going to help me be a better Mom :-) Thanks for the compliment!

Jill - BT is ok - I had thought she may order a sleep study - but she didn't. He doesn't appear to have problems when sleeping. It's just he sleeps so much. She thinks he needs to look for a new job - working overnights is not good for anyone. But, he won't hear of it! She came out and talked to me - asked me what I thought was going on. She made some suggestions regarding diet/exercise.
Thanks for asking - and for all your support. I was pleasantly surprised by your post -I've missed you! :-)

Trace- You're right on! They are very ethical. I love my agency - I really, really do. But, they are small and it takes so long. Lord, give me patience is all I can say! ;) Thanks for posting. How are you holding up these days?