Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Adoption

Silence ......

I've heard "Nothing" ........

I am hoping this is a good sign. :)

Anyhow - I have a little story to share:

Four years ago, when BT and I decided to adopt, my sister told me about a couple she knew who had adopted several times and suggested I call the Mom. So, I did! We had a great conversation and she recommended the agency we are currently working with. That was the first and last time we spoke.

Lo and behold, 4 years later, we meet face-to-face at my nephew's graduation party.
We talked adoption on and off all afternoon. She and her husband have 12 children; 10 adopted and 2 "homemade"! This week they 2 more children to their family - 5 year old twin girls from Liberia.

I was so inspired by them - their stories - their children - their faith. 2 of their children were adopted as babies from our agency. Meeting them was so special to me!

Of course, she was very interested in how we were doing - and somewhat surprised we were still waiting. Come to find out - her best friend is the birthparent counselor at our agency.
She is going to call her this week and see what she can find out for us. I cannot wait to hear from her.

I feel so good about things. She was so inspiring - just the kind of person I needed to pop into my life about right now.

THEN .......

This man comes up to me and says "Are you P?" I said, "Yes, I am". He introduced himself as the Pastor of one of the area churches. He proceeded to ask me how I was doing and how the adoption was coming along (apparently he's been hearing alot about it from my sister)! I was sharing a little bit of our experience with him and his wife - when I told him it's been 4 years in the making, he encouraged me NOT to lose faith and to know there is a baby out there for us. He then proceeded to tell me they adopted 2 children and waited 14 years for the first one!
14 years!!!!! Oh my goodness.

What a great day! What great people! I am feeling very inspired!! :)

But, I am also feeling very exhausted. I have lots to think about - and pray about.

7 comments:

Happy said...

It's nice to meet people who have had success, especially w/the agency you are using! It does inspire hope! Isn't it amazing when you realize how prevalent adoption is?

Mandy said...

I hope all this contact with adoptive parents means you are going to be one very soon and it's God's way of saying hang on it's coming!!

Hugs!

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Hope the a-mom you spoke to hears something this week from the birthparent counselor! Can't wait to check back in.

Love,
Min

Anonymous said...

What a great post. You should feel inspired and I agree that God has the PERFECT baby out there for you. His timing is PERFECT even when it's hard to wait. Your time will come soon, but in the mean time hold on to His promise that He will never leave your or forsake you. God loves you Pep and you are the apple of His eye!!

petunia said...

It IS amazing how God has things in store for us and it's not always exactly how WE would like it. We suffered through IF for 13 years and it took a lot to finally think about adopting - I was adopted and had a great life but I just never thought about going that route. I know now that God had other plans and also our daughter was 13 years in the making...her bios were only in grade school (scary thought) when we were trying to have a baby...it's all about God's timing. :)

Stephanie said...

Pep,
I am SO happy to read this! God puts the rights people in our path at just the right time, doesn't He? How encouraging!

Patti said...

God certainly did put her in my path just at the right time! I am dying to find out what she was able to squeeze out of the bparent counselor- however, she is bringing home 5 year old twins from Liberia this week - so I am sure it's not her top priority! And..rightfully so! :0)