Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Weekend

It's been a few days. I feel I should up-date.

I cannot believe the weekend has come and gone so quickly. I had wonderful intentions - yet, found myself very lazy. It was an overwhelming week, guess I needed a chance to veg?

Friday morning, I spoke to Stephanie and explained to her BT and I have decided not to adopt her baby, should she decide to make an adoption plan. Although she knew we may be doing so, it still came as a surprise to her. She was so quiet - and when i asked her if she was ok - she said her feelings were hurt. All in all, I thought the conversation went very well. I promised her (and the agency) we would not turn our backs on her. Naturally, it's much easier for me to be a friend to her, now that we both know.

So it's now official - everyone knows.

I made an awesome bow tie pasta dish this weekend I found in a magazine. It's a definite keeper! Perhaps I will come back and post the recipe, if anyone may want to try it.

My previous post is about my cousin, Ann who is fighting inperable pancreatic cancer. Please take a moment to read it - and if you're willing, say a little pray for them.

It's late - and I have a kitchen to clean. Nite All!

3 comments:

SJ said...

I'm so sorry you had to make that decision. Even if it is the right one I can't imagine it was easy.

I would LOVE to try your bowtie pasta recipe. Please share! :D

Happy said...

Ok, did I miss something? What happened? Is she unsure about her adoption decision? Are her expenses too high? Does the baby have a medical condition? If I'm too nosy just tell me to shut up. I'll go back a few weeks and see if there's a previous post.

Stephanie said...

Thinking of you ...