Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Up-date on Doc Appt's

I am so overly tired - but I feel like I need to up-date before I forget things.

BT and I went to the doctor last night. After she talked to BT, she came and asked me a few questions about what I feel is going on with him. She said all his bloodwork looks good - thyroid and blood sugar all in normal ranges. Her biggest concern is that he is getting too old to be working overnight! Of course, he does not want to hear it. She also talked to us about diet & exercise.
So we need to modify some things and see her again in 2 months.
As far as I am concerned... I talked to her about the pain I have in my left ankle/heel. It's been bothering me for 2 solid months. Some days I can barely put weight down on it - and I am to the point I always walk with a limp. Well, she says I have Planters Fasiitis. I wasn't thrilled to hear it. Apparently, once you have it you will always have problems with it. She made some recommendations and will send me for physical therapy if needed. It sure is upsetting my evening routine - as we've grown to love our walks!

Work is busy! But, a good busy! We're keeping the Summer Campers on their toes.
Tomorrow is DQ day - nothing like a delicious ice cream cone and on HOT day. Hoping rain doesn't interfere, as we are walking. Thursday we're going to a Wizard of Oz Festival - and from what I hear there will be some of the original Munchkins there.
We've seen them before and the kids always get a kick out of it. Friday is swimming at the town pool. Next weeks agenda includes a tour of the fire hall and a trip to miniature golf. So fun!

Enough for one night! :-) Hugs to all my blogger buddies!!!


3 comments:

SJ said...

I'm trying to convince my boss that we need a DQ day at least once a week. So far I've managed the occasional trip to the wonderful land of iced deliciousness but nothing else. Have fun getting the kids hyped up on sugar!! :)

Patti said...

As always, it was a great treat! ;-) Pep

Happy said...

My mom had that foot condition and she did physical therapy. She following her therapy very carefully and was successful! She is no longer in pain. She does wear VERY good shoes (no payless) and has orthopedic inserts that her podiatrist made. Good luck!!

MMMMMMM...DQ! I worked there for a summer in college. I always thought that they should make a blizzard that incorporated the cookie crumb mixture that is used in the center of the ice cream cakes. I is DELICIOUS!! It is made of chocolate cookie crumbs and cone dip mix.