Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Neat Story....


This is a neat little story I wanted to put in writing, just because you never know.

A few nights ago I was in bed, BT was working. It was very late and I should of been asleep. A thought came to me. We really haven't decided on baby names! I began to wonder what would happen if we got a call and didn't have a name picked out? When suddenly a name popped in my head (both first and middle). It's a name I never thought about and one I clearly glanced over when browsing baby name books. It's not on my list - but I fell in love with it! I shared this with Brian the next day - and he loves it! We've decided to keep the name a secret! Afterall, perhaps there is something behind what happened!
The next day, BT and I were shopping at Target. While browing the Christmas aisle, I thought about purchasing an angel ornament to hang and leave up until we get our baby. I didn't think it would be so hard to find a simple angel! Finally, I found one small, shiny, silver angel hanging alone. The odd thing is ... I didn't buy it. After holding it and pausing to think about where our little one might be, I hung it back on the shelf and walked away. The next day at work, I received a small package from a family at my center. Inside was the angel I had seen at Target! I couldn't believe it!

Maybe I am being silly, but I truly think these little messages provide hope... that our baby is coming and hope to get me through the holidays!




Just wanted to share.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, that just gives me chills! I know what you mean...I feel like all the time God is giving me little signs to not give up and to trust that He is going to bring us OUR child; not just any child.

I hope you two get to enjoy your "getaway" soon. It'll be nice to have a vacation from the holidays.

Patti said...

Yes, Erin, I do believe He gives us signs of hope . . it's up to us to recognize them and remember His promises.

It is amazing, beyond words, how all the time we struggle and get impatient, God has had a plan all along. And..HIs plan is the perfect plan for us. Really, all we need to do it be patient and keep the faith.
But it is so hard sometimes.....as you and I both know so well.

Becky said...

Pep, this is an incredible story and I'm glad that these things have renewed your hope! God is moving and working!

RB said...

What a wonderful story! I find little "signs" too and find so much comfort in them. Thanks for your friendly comment on my blog. We waiting mommies have to stick together :)

Deb said...

Such a great story. So glad you posted it to remember when your baby comes.

LL said...

This is such a great story. I love it when I see God sends us these little moments of hope.