Monday, May 15, 2006


Long day today ...

It was cool & rainy. So nice to see everything so, so green. I love this time of year - everything is so pretty, so fresh, so new.

Worked today.

Today was "G's" last day at day care. He's feeling sad he's going to miss Graduation. But, when he came to say "good-bye" he was pretty excited about going to a BIG SCHOOL in a few months. Wednesday they leave for PA. The surgeons are going in to try and clean out some of the tumors. His Mom is a wreck. The surgery is VERY HIGH RISK. She's so afraid he may lose his leg. He's such a frail, sweet boy - full of love and sunshine. Got to wonder why these things happen to good people.

It was 7 weeks ago today the agency called us with some "questions" regarding our preferences. She mentioned having a birthmom who is part hispanic. I believe she said the baby would be 1/8 0r 1/4 hispanic ( I was too nervous to recall). She wondered if we were open to this! You all know - of course we are! I haven't heard from her since. Got to wonder, is NO NEWS, GOOD NEWS? Or, is our profile back on the shelf waiting again? I hope not, the wait is sooo, soooo hard. We have so much to do to get ready - I need motivation!

Didn't need to make dinner tonight - we had plenty of leftovers! :-)

My brother called, he's so excited we're driving out to see them this weekend. He is being Installed in his new (and first ever) church. We want to be there for the ceremony. And, of course, I am eager to see my little "J" ... Gosh, I love that child. Come to think of it, I love them all - all 5 of them. If I figure this thing out, I'll post a photo.

Better get some much needed rest. Tomorrow is a new (and another long) day. Besides working, I have my first appointment with the gastroenterologist. Tomorrow evening - our first Graduation rehearsal at the High School. Gosh, those kids are so cute - they are sooo proud to be graduating.

Nite!

PS .. Did I mention I am a BIG FAN of Pooh?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bad things happen to good people so that later in life they are strong individuals.
notice how the lamest people are the ones with no strife?
it's this kind of time that can really make a person who they are,
good luck and good life.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.