Sunday, May 14, 2006

Never in my wildest imagination did I think I would keep a blog! However, I have decided to attempt it...so here I go.

Today was Mother's Day! I thought it would be tough. . another Mother's Day without a little one to call me "Mom". But, I didn't think about it too much. My sister "C" and I made dinner for the family. My other sister, "D" didn't come. Dinner was great! Fried chicken, potato salad, macaroni salad, tossed salad, six cup salad, cole slaw, banana pudding and fresh brewed tea. Everything was homemade..so very yummy! I was a little disappointed in the banana pudding. Great recipe, but the bananas just weren't ripe enough... :( After dinner, "C" and I sat and played with the sizzix machine.. I got a few new templates. Oh, I got Mom Chonda's newest DVD "A Piece of my Mind" and a gift card for Fashion Bug.

Friday evening DH and I took MIL to dinner at Pixlies (the food was great) as he had to work tonight. We got her a DVD and Fashion Bug Gift Card. We got home late, so it was late to bed. At 3 AM the phone rang. DH had to go to work. His buddies wife was in labor and they called to say COME QUICK. She was 1 month early, but delivered a healthy baby girl (5 lbs, 13 oz.).
DH thought it was bad timing (since he'll need to cover for his buddy) but I didn't think so 'cuz hopefully it won't be too much longer before we get our call and need him to cover for us! Ya know? :D

It's going to be a WILD AND CRAZY week. The preschool children graduate on Friday. DH is putting together a slideshow (actually powerpoint) set to music. Since we're celebrating our 20th anniversary this will be a special graduation. Could someone please tell me how I could have possibly been in business 20 years? It doesn't seem possible. God has been so good and blessed us so much. We have a great program, along wonderful staff and parents. I realize, without them, I would not be where I am today! I realize, too .. the center is HIS... for without Him all of this would not be possible! OK, enough for one night!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Pep! Can't wait to follow your journey!!!!

--Renee

Jill said...

Pep,
Glad to see you blogging!!

Hugs,
Jill

webkinzfan said...

I decided to go back to the begining and see where this story started. I'm sure it's been a wild journey, but as I type this on 3/6/09, you and DH, have if all went according to plan, been Samuel's MOMMY and DADDY for 3 days now!!

This is such an inspiration and proof that God rewards those who stay the course and refuse to give up!!!

Congratulations once again!!!!