Wednesday, May 16, 2007

BT's Birthday & Mother's Day

4 weeks ago, our SW informed us the possible situation was no longer a possibility - the bmother had decided to parent. Since then, no word from the agency. I worked from home today - and twice the phone rang and came up PRIVATE CALLER. My heart sank. But no, neither one was the agency. :(

I haven't posted since BT's birthday! He had 2 great celebrations. First, we went to see his family and visited a PF Changs for the first time, very cool! The next day we went to Famous Dave's with my family, again...very cool! But, there was some sadness on his part. Birthdays are becoming reminders we are only getting older and do not have a baby in our arms.

On Saturday, my sister helped the girls (ages 9 & 11) make dinner for their Mother, Grandmothers and Me. I really didn't want to go but the girls wanted me there because I was "like" a mother to them. How sweet it that? So, I put on a happy face and went. They made chicken legs & pork chops, potatoes, peas, salad and turnovers. They wrote 3 poems, one for Grandma, one for Nana and one for ME. I will come back and post the poem they wrote me.

Mother's Day was hard. I kept busy. I was hoping for a quiet day at home. But, my sisters family came over to do some landscaping for my parents. I was nominated to make dinner.
Kept it easy - pulled pork, homemade baked beans, homemade macaroni salad, kentucky wonder beans, etc... very delicious.

I couldn't help but think about all the women out there who were very sad on Mother's Day.
The ones who recently lost a mom, the ones who lost a child, the ones who would never become a mom, the ones waiting to be a mom, the list could go on and on. It's very sad, indeed.
And... seems so unfair.

No comments: