Monday, May 28, 2007

Well, My Phone Rang Today -

Happy Memorial Day!






I did nothing today...nothing. Just relaxed and it felt great.

I received a very interesting phone call. A friend called to tell me she was talking to her Mom at a family picnic. She was telling her Mom about BT and I - because someone they both know is pregnant and "may" need to make an adoption plan. Her Mom proceeded to tell her that she met a young lady (in her 20's) in one of her EMT classes - she is 6 mths pregnant and wants to make an adoption plan. She lives at home, with her parents and her 2 year old daughter. They called her to tell her about us - and she wanted to speak to me! So, I called her.
We had a very nice chat. She's really sweet, outgoing, friendly and very upbeat. She is going for an ultrasound on Wednesday, so I will call her then to see how things are going. In the meantime she wants to meet us - perhaps this weekend.

Something new to pray about!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH Pep! I'm so glad I stopped by your blog today. I will be praying!

Daisha said...

I am praying Pep!!! It is sooo your turn! Good luck and just be yourself...she will love you!

Happy said...

Michele of Michelle Smiles http://www.michellesmiles.com/ arranged it. It is in it's third round. I think that originally it was meant only for a group of women adopting from Guatemala, but others (like me) asked if they could participate and viola. I've participated 3 times and it has been fun. The women who I was matched w/have been GREAT! It was fun to go their blogs and leave anonymous messages signed SBP (secret blog pal) and a nice way to pass this time waiting.

Have you heard anything about the girl who is thinking about adoption?