Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A True Friend Indeed

I felt this story deserves it's own post.

I received a phone call today - from a dear, sweet friend. She was my assistant at the day care center for several years and is now a SAHM.

We chatted for a while. Then she brought up Mother's Day. She thought of me and knew it had to be hard.

She then said something I never expected her to say. She wanted me to know she is more than willing to have a baby for BT and I. She wanted us to know, if we needed her to surrogate, there would be no question in her mind - she'd do it in a heartbeat! What sweeter gift could a friend offer?

We've had other offers - another friend, my sister and a dear friend in Florida. All of them, equally touched us.

I told BT at dinner - he was speechless.

Although our focus is on the adoption - it's something to think and pray over.

COULD I ASK FOR BETTER FRIENDS? I say NOT!

No comments: