Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today. . . .

I heard from our agency. She called to tell us they have been unable to contact the bmom they planned to share our profile with. Her phone is disconnected ... she is not contacting them.
Not sure what to think other than ... we're "waiting" again. :(

I was late for work because I felt sooo lousy. I finally took prescription Naproxen and a double dose of Claritin and went to work. I was loopy, but accomplished quiet a bit considering.

I found the top of my desk! It was amazing!!!! I've been working hard to get organized and today I could actually see the top of my desk. It looks so tidy!

All was well as the end of the day was nearing. "If all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops, Oh, what a rain that would be!" was playing above the sound of laughter coming from the Toddler Room. Through the sounds I hear "Miss Patti!!!!" and could tell the voice was shaken and clearing in trouble. I flew down the hall to find the other Director as pale as a paper plate and waving her hands in distress. CAN YOU SPEAK ?? She shook her head NO. Great, she's choking, right here with little eyes watching. I remained rather calm, in control and was able to help her with just 2 light abdominal thrusts. Thank God! The children were priceless, very concerned and sweet. They just wanted to know Miss G was okay!

Oh! The cutest thing happened. I was walking toward the ladies room. To do this, you have to walk past the children's restroom. From outside the restroom, I hear "Jesus Loves Me This I Know, For the Bible Tells Me So" .... and then I hear the teachers say, "That's a very nice song, Arianna". Oh the small joys of being a Day Care Director. Could there possibly be any other job this rewarding?

I am going to cut this short because - BT IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He left early, early yesterday morning for Baltimore. As a birthday gift to his brother, they went to the Baltimore/Tampa baseball game. I know I should of enjoyed the break. BUT, I missed him, really. I know, we're pathetic. ;)

Good-Night!

2 comments:

Melba said...

Wow, scary incident with the choking...glad it turned out okay. I am CPR certified, and am always a little scared of how I would really react in a situation like that.

Sorry to hear about the missing bmom...I will be thinking of you and hoping you hear something soon. :)

Melba

Deb said...

So glad she was okay. How scary.
Working with children is always so rewarding.