Saturday, September 20, 2008

We Will Be OK....

Just yesterday, we were called to the nursing home. Dad's doctor wanted to speak to us. I took the afternoon off and headed in to listen as the doctor gave us the news. "Your Dad is very, very sick, there is no quality of life. He is seriously anemic and non-responsive. He is refusing food and drink. We can take him to the hospital for a transfusion, run tests to find out why he's anemic, but really we won't be gaining anything. Or we can keep him here where he is comfortable until he passes. As a family I need you to think about these things. In the meantime, I have started antibiotics".

When I arrived at the nursing home today - my Dad was sitting up in bed, watching TV. He was totally communicating with us. He even asked BT for a Frosty and he ate the whole darn thing! His color was back - nice and rosey. Fever was normal. He went to therapy twice! Now, I am not saying he was healed, but he was so much better than the day before.

I really don't know what to think of all this. We leave it all in God's hands.. taking each day as it comes and appreciating each moment we have with him. Thank you all so much for caring enough about me to remember my Dad in your prayers. God is so good, His promises are sweet. We will be ok.

2 comments:

Deb said...

What a nice treat to see your dad doing so well.
Trusting God is sometimes the hardest thing. I'm guessing you've learned that during your adoption wait. This is no easier.
I'll be praying for you all to make the right decision.

LL said...

How heartbreaking to get the phone call but what a beautiful visit you had with you dad. I pray that he continues to heal...I know every single moment with him is precious. You all are in my prayers.