Monday, September 24, 2007

Last Night I Dreamt....

Last night I had a dream. A long dream. You know the type, you wake up and when you fall back to sleep you're right back in the dream? It was beautiful, so realistic.

BT and I brought home a baby girl, we named Molly Jayne. She was tiny, with darker hair and perfectly round, vibrant dark eyes. We were in love.

She was a good baby. I worried I wouldn't feed her enough or change her often because she rarely fussed. The only time she fussed was if we tried to give her to someone else to hold, she would stiffen those tiny legs and fuss so we'd keep her in our arms. Of course, I loved every minute of that.

I was holding her up, talking to her and referred to myself as "Mommy" for the first time. I paused to remember how right that sounded, so natural - and I could finally say it.

I was keeping a journal for her, writing down special things about her. The last thing I remember was telling her I was going to write a journal entry about how beautiful her eyes were.

I swear, I felt the connection, the bond, between her and I, IN A DREAM.


I didn't want to wake up today.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

That made me want to cry. I want that to be true not just a dream. Big Hugs and I can't wait until you write that post from a real life experience not just dreams.

Anita said...

What a dream, some day, my friend, some day... (hug)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!!! (((PEP)))

Patti said...

Mandy - Anita - Cam

It's ok to dream, right? :-)

It is in our dreams we find hope for the future!

Although it was a very sweet dream, I am sure it was nothing compared to the sweet blessings that lie ahead in our future.

Hugs - Pep

LL said...

Of course it is ok to dream...I think it a small way that God lets us have a sense of peace and know it will be ok. I used to have tons of dreams about Jay years before I ever met him. Strange, huh?

One day that dream will come true!