Monday, September 17, 2007

One week later ....

A week is a long time (for me) to go without posting a blog entry. I've had good intentions. But, honestly, the adoption is taking up most of my brain space. And, being that there is no news, it's tough. I have mixed feelings about not hearing from them. I love our agency, I love the people and I love their philosophy. But she has not been consistent with me and that is troubling.

We completed the window treatments in the nursery - which is one task off my list. I think they look fabulous. I thought about posting pix, but I think I'll wait until the room is complete.

I am embarrassed to admit this publicly, but BT and I had fallen out of our usual church routine. We estimated we hadn't been to our home church in about 17 months. We've both struggled with it and agreed we need to be involved in a good, Bible believing church with the baby.
So, we went back to the church I grew up in and we were married in. It was great to see everyone - and alot of changes. My sister and her family go there, so naturally our nieces were thrilled to be with us. After church we went to their house for sandwiches and chili. Yum!
So, we're praying about where God wants us. If this is where HE wants us, we'll stay - and BT says he may even join the choir. :-) I am glad we went - it's definitely the best way to start your week. Oh, it's a smaller church, but I did "peek" and see there are little ones in the nursery ;).

7 comments:

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Hey! Thanks for the update...I know several of us have been wondering and concerned for you on the adoption front. I would also be concerned about being treated with consistency...that's very important when there is so little that we can do but sit and bite our nails and PRAY. I hope you hear something soon!

Good to hear that you are hanging in, and that's great news about looking for a church. I pray you find out soon where God wants you to be, whether it's there or somewhere else. Big decision!

Glad to see you got onto Adoption Talk...jump right in! BTW, that would be a great place to invite Mandy, too!!!

Hugs,
Min

LL said...

Hi pep! Just saw your post over on Adoption talk!

I am looking forward to seeing the nursery pics when you get the room complete.

I hope that you hear something soon from the agency..anything to give you a little peace on that end.

My husband and i have slacked off a bit on attending church also. When we moved to St. Louis we found a awesone church. The pastor is amazing! But I can't seem to get my husband out of bed for Sunday School or Morning Worship Service so we have been attending the Sunday evening service. But I still feel a little unconnected and I believe it is because we really haven't been able to make friends there since we don't go to Sun. School. Argh..if only husband was a morning person!

Anonymous said...

Pep: hang in there!!! I think it's horrible that they haven't kept in contact with you and you are SO much better than I would be at this point. You are doing great and hopefully you will get a wonderful phone call soon!!

Church is a great place to find good Christian people who will encourage you in Christ and remind you of His faithfulness. God wants us to worship Him and be involved with other Christians. Good luck and take your time. I know you will follow God's lead. He is faithful.....

Love, Robin

Kathy said...

Pep,

First off...CONGRATULATIONS!!

I've been horrible with keeping up with everyone's blogs, and I'm SO sorry that I didn't see your wonderful news sooner!

I can understand your feelings, it's hard to deal with the waiting and wondering. Adoption agencies aren't the best about helping matters sometimes.

I hope that you'll hear really good news soon...and that you'll have a little one in your arms very soon too!

(((HUGS)))

Happy said...

I kept checking and checking. I'm sending good vibes your way.

Not that it will make you feel any better, but we haven't been to church in ages and know that we want to join one once a child is in our lives. We are having difficulty finding the right one. They all have a different feel.

Anita said...

Pep, I understand your thoughts be consumed and not being able to form complete sentences... sigh. I hope you hear something soon!

We are struggling with church attendance right now too.

Anonymous said...

i keep up with you on adoption tea time, and i love all the info and helpful hints that i get from everyone there. i know that your road has been long and hard, but i firmly believe that anyone's is, no matter how simple it may seem. it doesn't matter how God believing or God fearing or God touting one is. i'm much more aware in our current situation of how much i need God in my everyday lifel. i always appreciated, but never gave Him credit. Please believe that my hopes and prayers are with you always...

in him,
erin