Saturday, February 24, 2007


Ok, so ...... it's Saturday and I had great intentions to clean the whole house. I did clean - but I only managed to do the 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room and dining room. I fought a migraine most of the day and took 2 naps. Oh, most of the laundry is done, too! Yipee!
BT is in Toronto, CA for the day. He went with Joe and the girls - to the Ontario Science Center. I am so glad he went and enjoyed his day off. He would not of been very happy hanging out with me and my headache. I'm really looking forward to hearing about the day - and hoping they took a lot of pics! I can only imagine how happy the girls had to be to have a day out with their dad and Uncle Bri.
This was a stressful week at work. I won't go into too many details -- for privacy reasons. But, we're aware of some staff issues that need to be dealt with. I don't understand - the other Director and myself are always kind, considerate, friendly, helpful, upbeat, etc... personally, I think we set a fine example. And yet, some of our staff are sooooo.....gloomy. Often I have to stop myself from making a comment such as "Try smiling, it won't crack your face"! When I went into business many years ago - people weren't that way. As we approach new generations, things really change. Anyhow, that's a lot of my stress. The good news is, we're aware of it and making changes for the better. I am confident it's nothing we do. The proof is in the number of employees who leave to go elsewhere and before I know it they are knocking on my door, ready to come back! That says something for us, right?
I am feeling the need to shop! But, we haven't been spending money..... perhaps my "feeling" will soon pass. Why is it shopping does the soul so much good?

No comments: