Thursday, April 12, 2007

Adoption Up-date ...

To my surprise, our sw called today and spoke to BT. They are showing our profile (as well as others) to a birthmother tomorrow.

Normally, the agency does not contact us each time our profile is shown, but this was a special circumstance.

The birthmother comes from a poor county and is on medicaid. Because she is placing the child for adoption, medicaid feels the adoptive parents should cover the hospital bill. The agency is going to fight it, but in case they do not win, she wanted to be sure we'd be prepared to pay the hospital bill. She also mentioned we have an "advantage" because the birthmother is looking for a childless couple .....must be most of the waiting couples already have children?!

That's all we know, and all we may know for a while.

I so want to get excited!! But I don't want to face another let down so I am really trying to let it go and wait (we're getting pretty good at waiting).

I thought about it ALL day - wondering if this is our turn! Lots to think about, lots to pray about.

I hope we know something soon .......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still crossing all my parts in hopes that this is "the one".

Happy said...

Good luck! Our agency does the same thing...contact us when the expectant mother has a special situation. Fingers and toes are crossee.

Anonymous said...

Pep!! I've checked here and TT about 12 times today....and if I'm wondering you have to be about nuts. I sooooo hope this is the ONE!!! - Kathy