Monday, April 16, 2007

More Adoption Thoughts ...

Tomorrow I will call our SW. I'd like to discuss the bmother situation she called about - see if I can get any additional information.

First, I'd like to clarify something. In the event we are chosen and the bmother changes her mind about placing, I want to be sure we do not remain responsible for the hospital bill.

Second, I'd like to discuss the situation a little more in-depth. I don't understand how Medicaid can possibly pass the financial responsibilty on to the adoptive parents who will not take responsiblity of the baby until it is placed with them. Seems to me, any medical bills incurred prior to TPR would be the responsibility of Medicaid.

Of course, if we need to pay them, we would. It just seems there's a missing piece to the puzzle!

I know she isn't supposed to tell us any more than she already has. But, I believe she'd tell us if we weren't chosen. And if she tells me "nothing" .. I'll naturally wonder if perhaps we were. :-)

Waiting is hard ... Not knowing is hard ...


At least with each day we become one day closer to bring our little one home!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I would call but that's just because I'm extremely impatient. I hope that they can tell you something more and that it will help to ease your mind a little.

HUGS!!!