Thursday, April 19, 2007

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him

We heard from our SW yesterday. She left a message on our home machine. I thought it would of been nice of her to at least call me at work and talk to me personally, but... oh well.

Apparently, the birthmom we were being shown to on Friday has decided to parent. Although our SW was sorry to give us the news, she also mentioned it is a good situation (that she is going to parent). I trust her judgement and I am sure she's right - if there were doubts, and she's decided to parent, I cannot hold that against her. But I do wonder why these little "teases" happen to us! It doesn't make sense and it's simply not fair!

And so, we're back to waiting . . . again. I think we're stuck here.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As I am typing this post, I hear the little "click" indicating I have mail. So I took a peek to see what it may be. It was a daily memory verse. I opened it up.
The first words I read were "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him".
Could it have popped into my mailbox at a better time? I highly doubt it.
I am still amazed at how God works, how His timing is so perfect, even during times we doubt Him the most.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We had some trouble with our accountant this year. I wasn't happy, I liked her a lot, a real lot but she was very short and cold with me this year. We had to cancel some appointments with her when my father-in-law was sick and when he passed away. Apparently, she didn't like it. As a result, a different girl in the firm was given our account. I really like the new girl, I feel like we're getting a fresh start, she's very nice, personable, helpful, etc. The interesting twist to the story (and reason I am posting this) is she has 2 little ones at home she and her DH adopted.
We're meeting face to face for the first time today - gonna chat adoption, too!
I am really excited!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Yesterday was my annual GYN visit. My ultrasound and paps (from January) came back just fine.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Phone just rang - bad news - Uncle Fred passed away this morning :(

3 comments:

Happy said...

It's hard when a potential adoption situation doesn't work out (although good that she decided to parent). We've gotten calls a number of times, said yes send our profile, and then been told that the expectant mother chose another adoptive parent or chose to parent. Which is worse? Not knowing anything, or knowing your profile is out and being looked at?

Stephanie said...

((My friend)) ... I am so sorry. Thank you for your faithfulness and for lifting up God's Word in the midst of it all.

Anonymous said...

check this out!

http://www.nightlight.org/adoption-services/snowflakes-embryo/default.aspx