Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thinking of Anita.....


3 years ago - March 13, 2004 - I faced one of the most difficult losses of my entire life. I lost a very dear friend, an excellent co-worker, our Toddler teacher, Ms Anita.

3 pm that afternoon, Anita came to my office to say goodnight & have a great weekend. 5 pm that same afternoon we spoke on the phone. 8 pm that evening, her family found her on the floor. Anita suffered a brain aneurysm at the age of 49. I received a phone call, very early the next morning. Sarah, Julie and I rushed up to the hospital. We were able to see her, but she was clinically brain dead - being kept alive because she was an organ donor.
I will never forget it - I held her hand and whispered "good-bye".

Anita was my "right-arm" at work. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her - see her smile - hear her laughter. She was one of the best friends a person could ever ask for... and I was blessed to have her for 16 years!

I miss her terribly ......:-(



1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Even in the sadness, it is a blessing to remember those we have loved best. Thank you for sharing your friend with us today.