Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Waiting: To remain or stay in expectation of; await: wait one's turn.

Waiting stinks, I am very discouraged.

'nuff said.



My back was much better today - but I can tell it will be a while before it will be all better!

The phone woke me up at 6:30 AM - employee sick call. The phone rang again at 8:30 AM, another employee sick call. The schedule had to be revamped for the entire day.
When I get to work, I discover I left my Jump Drive at home, so what I could do at work was very limited.
Came home early - took care of a few more work related items before going out with BT.
We went to the mall, bought a few birthday gifts, walked (it was officially too cold to walk outdoors) and ended the trip with soup & salad from Ruby Tuesday's. Then home - it's trash night. BT cut his finger on a broken piece of glass ( I dropped and busted my slow cooker into a trillion pieces yesterday). It wasn't bad - not much blood at all. But, to him his night was ruined with all the "gushing blood". Men!

Oh, we interviewed and "try-out" a new applicant today. She seems very nice, eager, enthusiastic -
and she's a "mom" herself, which is sometimes the best experience. We're on a mission - hiring!
It has become too stressful for me to rework the schedule day in and day out because someone calls in or requests time off. Although this may cause some to lose hours - it has to be done. Requests for time off are out of control! Now that felt great to get that off my chest!

It's tough being "the boss"......................

No comments: