Saturday, August 25, 2007

Chosen! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Yes, you read correctly! BT and I have been CHOSEN! :-)

For those of you who do not know the "story", I talked to our CW last week. They were showing profiles. Under normal circumstances, our agency does not tell you when your profile is being shown or when you are chosen. They prefer to wait until the baby is legally free for adoption. Because there is a birthfather risk, she called to make sure we would be ok with it. The birthfather left back in April, to date they have had no contact. Although he is aware she is pregnant, he is not aware she is making an adoption plan. We said "Yes" and waited. A few days later, she called to tell us we were "highly favored". They presented 5 profiles, she eliminated 3. She could not decide between us and another couple. So, we waited again. Today, we learned she chose us!!! Over the weekend and beginning of the week, they will be doing what they can to locate the birthfather. If and when they do - they hope he is cooperative. She was able to provide his name, a cell phone number and last known address. We do know she is due in September - but do not know the date. I have no clue if the baby is a boy or girl. I am simply elated! We're prayin' hard for the birthparents and hoping all goes smoothly.

I called home from work today and retrieved the message from the agency and deleted it . I wanted to be sure to see BT's face! Anyhow, I gave him this teddy bear. He looked at me kinda funny, as if to be saying "why are you giving me this bear"? I said "open the note inside" ... I got the longest hug EVER. He's so happy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAHOO: YIPPY: WAHOO!!!!!!!
I have been checking this dang blog every hour for the past 2 days. I'm SO thrilled. Everytime I look at your blog I say a prayer...okay actually beg...that God will allow this to happen for you guys.

OH THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!
Congrats Mommy & Daddy!

Colette said...

Hi...I was given you blog by a mutual friend and we have been praying for you! Congrats! We just adopted our son on August 10, 2007. We were matched and waited 72 days before he was born. If you need anytips on how to stay sane during the wait, I would be happy to give you tips! This is a very exciting time for you...enjoy every minute of it! Not sure if you are from the same area as us. We are in Buffalo, NY. Well hope you have time to email me and we can chat! God Bless!

Stephanie said...

SO HAPPY SO HAPPY SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Oh, Pep, I am thrilled! This made my day! Please keep us updated on the birthfather search and process. I'll be praying that all goes smoothly!

Hugs and love!
Mindy

Patti said...

Oh ladies, thanks! We are simply elated - and feel really good about this! :-) Please keep praying for us! As Robin put it, please keep beggin'! ;)

Colette, Thanks for posting! I've enjoyed emailing back and forth - can't wait to share more and get to know you better.

Stephanie, I know you're praying all the way over there in Chile!
Don't give up! :-)
Hugs!

Mindy, You're so wonderful, sweet and encouraging! :-)

I have the best blog friends in the whole world!

Anita said...

What a sweet way to tell your husband! I haven't been to your blog in several days....so I'm reading from the bottom up even though it's killing me and I was so glad to get to the good stuff! Congratulations, my friend!