Friday, August 31, 2007

Horrible, No Good Day!

Today was a horrible, no good day. It had nothing to do with the adoption, thank goodness.

It was work related. I spent my entire day upset - in tears. Running my own business has been such a blessing. But, when things pan out as they did today - I just want to lock the doors and walk away. I work too hard to be treated the way I was today.

It was all because one person was having a bad day. It was quite clear she was on a power trip and looking to satify her need by hurting someone else. I don't understand people like that. Just what gives them the authority to think they can rule the world?

But, the truth is - it's better to be the person who is hurt, than to be the miserable person and take it out on the people around them. At least I can go to bed tonight not feeling bad for my actions and words.

Perhaps a good night's sleep will do us all some good. If things don't work out tomorrow, I have to hire an attorney. . . all because of one very miserable, miserable person. Sad.

Pray for me! Sometimes it's so hard to "Let Go and Let God" ... expecially in such circumstances. But, I know that's what I need.

3 comments:

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Wow. That IS a rough day! I hope that things go better next time you see this person. Hope you don't need an attorney. Have a wonderful weekend and rest in Him.

Love,
Min

Anita said...

Yikes, that sounds serious... it's hard to not get weighed down by the misery of others... lifting you up in prayer today.

Stephanie said...

Oh, Pep, I'm so sorry! Hang in there! Love and prayers, Stephanie