Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Thinking Out Loud!


It was 3 weeks ago today I received a call from our CW indicating our profile was going to be shown (she had called for our approval due to a legal risk). The call was rather sudden and brief. Had I called her back any later, they would not have been able to share our profile (I do not know why the sudden urgency).

Several thoughts go through my mind:

1. We were not chosen and she did not call and tell us.
2. The bmom decided not to place with the agency.
3. We were chosen, but she hasn't called because we are not "supposed" to know until the baby is legally free for adoption.

Although I am "dying" to know - The agreement we have with the agency is that whenever possible, we would not be aware of a match until the baby is free for adoption. I know I need to respect that. But, it's driving me nutty!

Our profile has been shown before. We were called within a few days to tell us we were not chosen or the bmom decided not to place. This time, nothing - and the silence is nerve-wracking!

On another note, it's been a 3+ years since we shared our preferences with the agency.
Since then, we've changed - a lot. We've truly grown and opened our hearts to more.
I am thinking, perhaps, I'll call her to ask about setting up an appointment to go over our preferences.

Any suggestions?

Keeping the faith!

5 comments:

Dennise said...

Thanks for your kind words Pep!! I think I would set up a meeting. It does not hurt to go over things at all.

Stephanie said...

I would go ahead and set up the meeting as well. It would serve the dual purpose of seeing if your preferences have indeed changed, while also opening the door to possibly discuss this latest call! (:

petunia said...

Absolutely, if you feel you could have an open adoption - change that...there are so many more biomoms that choose that so you would increase your chances of getting put into the mix more often.

BlessedWithDaughters said...

I agree with the other ladies. If your heart has become more open to different situations, whatever that might mean, it would certainly mean that you would be presented more often.

Still praying for you. I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think they'd forget to call. Hang in there, dearie!

Love,
Min

Anonymous said...

I think the meeting is a good idea.

Love ya, Pep!
Jill
Teatime