Thursday, August 30, 2007

No News, Really ... Just My Thoughts For Tonight


No new news to deliver.

Today was a pretty typical day. It's started off rough 'cuz I was sleeping really good this morning when I HAD to get up to go meet with our insurance agent. If only I could of slept a little longer. But I didn't - I drug myself out of bed, to the kitchen and then to the computer.
My morning ritual rarely changes. I stop in the kitchen for my *Kashi* (or *Special-K*, or *Cheerios*) cereal with milk and banana (or blueberries) and a big ole cup of *Senseo* and I sit down to wake-up in front of the computer. First thing I read is *Today's*Word*with*Joel*Osteen*, delivered right to my e-mail. If you're looking for a good devotion - give it a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Most of the time, it's just what I need to start my day.

Work went well today. It's a busy, busy time, as we are inbetween programs. This is the last week of Summer Camp. We had such a great summer, it's sad to see it come to a close.
School starts next week - we have many new faces this year. We are so blessed.

My sister came by tonight to help me decide what to do with the windows in the nursery. I have such funky shaped windows, it's never easy. We're going to hang room-darking shades, underneath the *Classic Pooh* curtains I previously posted. I have to take them for alterations .. but I love them so much it will be worth it. She was pleasantly surprised to see how well the room is coming.

I struggled for a few days, wondering if I should proceed with the room or wait. I decided to keep working on it, as I was doing all along.

I feel I am in the right mind-set, knowing there is always that chance the bmom could change her mind. I would be ok. Sad, yes ... but the saddness would last too long. I need to be understanding and accepting. She needs to do what she is most comfortable - and she needs to know she is making the right decision. Without the comfort I find in our God, I could not think this way. I would selfishly lash out at Him for not placing the baby with us. But, I've learned to trust in Him, knowing HE has the perfect plan. I just can't wait to experience the joys of whatever His plan may be. Now ... I do feel deep in my heart this is the one for us - nothing could make me happier. All I can do it wait and see. Oh... and pray of course, for the bmother, bfather, agency and us! :-)

I have been thinking about her (bmom) a lot. She has requested to not meet us. And, that's ok- I respect her decision. But I know I'll always wonder what's she like. I imagine her to be a sweet person, with an unselfish heart. I think about how I will always, always be grateful to her for giving us such a precious gift. I am sure I will have a "picture" in my head of what she may look like and carry it close to my heart for many years. What a brave soul she is.

3 comments:

Happy said...

I would want to meet her also. If for no other reason than to be able to tell your child what she is like, what color hair/eyes, etc. Will she maybe write a letter to her baby or something? Will you have an open, closed, or semi-open adoption?

Patti said...

Trace - It sounds like she is looking for a semi-closed adoption. For now, she does not wish to meet us nor receive letters or photos. Of course, we respect her wishes. Letters and photos will be sent to the agency, as agreed upon, just in case she ever decides she wants to see them. If she chooses to send the baby any letters, photos, etc. . she has the same option, to do so through the agency.

Anita said...

Your morning routine is similar to mine, I make coffee and head to my computer!

Waiting is tough. I can only imagine what this emom is going through right now.