Thursday, August 09, 2007

A Good Night For A Hug


Tonight, I snuggled up to BT for a BIG HUG. I am not sure he knew how much it meant to me to be held tonight - but it really helped. Then...he had to go to work :(

Sleeping last night was horrendous! I've had this horrible cold! Between stuffiness, coughing, wheezing and crackling, I was so restless. It was 5 AM before I could sleep. I called the doctor to see about getting something for the uneasy breathing. She told me to come in. I have double ear infection - lots of fluid in there! And... a touch of bronchitis. I am starting antibiotics (z-pack) and an inhaler tonight.

She also noticed a swollen area in my neck and ordered a thyroid ultrasound! What's next? I'm still waiting to go for my abdominal CTScan (wanted to wait 'til the cold passed). I guess I could kill two birds with one stone by getting them done the same day.

I worry! I'll be in a panic until all the test are done and I know I am healthy!

Tomorrow the kids are touring the local grocery store. It's really neat! They take them into the various departments for a "behind-the-scenes" look at what really goes on. The tour ends in the bakery with free pizza! Yum! Friday we are taking them (a whole bus load) to the Aquarium. They are overwhelmed with excitgement. The adults are too, with the exception of fear of driving over the big bridges! Needless to say, we're looking into a "detour". Did I ever mention my job can be REALLY FUN???? :-)

This weekend, BT and I are hoping to go to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the Peach Festival and a visit of all the great shops, including the SILLY OLD BEAR SHOPPE! VC leaves for college Saturday - it's going to be emotional. :( He's the first one - and we are all so close. PS VC is my nephew, I recently posted photos of him being baptized in the creek. A bunch of people asked me how the Pastor thought about doing it in the creek. He said "It was the closest thing to the Jordan he's ever seen" and was thrilled to make it happen!


I SHOULD BE RESTING ......

4 comments:

BlessedWithDaughters said...

Good grief, Girlfriend...get well soon!

Love,
Min

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you. Please keep us updated!!

Stephanie said...

Feel better soon, dear friend!! ((Hugs))

Mandy said...

Hugs!! I hope you are feeling better!!