Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Adoption Up-Date

I did speak to our CW this morning.

Earlier she had mentioned trying to contact the bfather over the weekend. But, when I spoke to her today, she said they had not yet tried to contact him. She doesn't seem to think it's going to be too hard to locate him. The question is - how cooperative will he be?

She verified we had indeed been chosen. But, as in any adoption plan, we won't know for sure until after delivery. Apparently, she is concerned about her signing because she has a child already and it may make it harder.

I asked about the due date - she said it was later in the month. For some reason, she doesn't seem to want to tell me the actual due date.
I felt sad this morning. . just thinking about the "what if's". I wasn't feeling as elated as I felt after her message from Friday.

I would just like to know more! But, I keep reminding myself, had it not been for the bfather risk issue, we wouldn't even know we were chosen.

God has a plan - and I know I can not control it. It's just so hard to let go and wait.
BT and I talked tonight. This is the first time both of us have felt this good about a plan.
Although we know nothing is certain at this time - we feel in our hearts this is the baby for us. I've often heard the expression "Just follow your hearts" .. I hope our hearts are right.

September is going to be a long month.

Oh, I picked out some curtains for the nursery -




* * * * * *

Work is crazy! I can't wait 'til the Back-To-School rush os over. I like the consistency of the school year. Summer is great, much more laid back - but I'm ready for some order.

I did something exciting tonight! I signed up to accept credits cards at the day care center.

We're now accepting Mastercard & Visa!!!!! :-)

5 comments:

BlessedWithDaughters said...

I hope this is somewhat encouraging, if I tell you that this swing of emotions is so very normal, dearie. It's normal to have fears and doubts and it will also be normal to have the high swings, too! I always felt like I was going nuts...at any given time, I could go from feeling totally one way during our match, to feeling totally opposite the next.

It's easier said than done to lay it on the altar and to trust that God has all of this in control. I'll be praying for you.

Min

SJ said...

September will be a long month and you have friends waiting with you :) We are praying for you! God will give you peace and rest thru the month but I'm sure you'll still have your moments :)

Love ya! Praying . . .

SJ said...

BTW, those are great curtains! :)

petunia said...

checking in and OH MY GOODNESS... wow. I hope this is the plan... You just never know what God has in store. I'll be anxiously watching.... WOW!!!

Anita said...

The curtains are adorable, winnie the pooh right, it's hard to see... I'm sure you are running on emotion overload right now with super highs and lows... just know that we are all here praying for you! I hope there is comfort in that. (HUG) BIG congrats on accepting mc/visa at the day care!